Saturday 13 December 2014

We love soup.
One of the joys of the AP has been fresh watercress.
I have tried many recipes but this is our favorite;

Soften a medium chopped onion in 40 grm of butter
Add 1 table spoon of flour stir,
Then add 400 mltrs of milk and 200 mlts of water.
Without boiling simmer for 5 mins.
Set aside.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil
Blanch 400 grms of Watercress for 1 min
Then plunge into ice cold water
Drain and add to your food processor /liquidizer.
Slowly add the onion milk mixture to the machine.
Chill and garnish with a few fresh watercress leaves.




I don’t think I need to write the recipes for ‘Gazpacho or even ‘Ajo Blanco’ ( almonds and garlic) also favorites but I will if asked. 

Another of our favorites, this one hot, is “Sczaw”
This Eastern European soup we make with Sorrel leaves. They have a slightly bitter citric taste
I make a stock with pork bones carrot onion celery bay leaf etc.
Drain and then add the finely chopped sorrel. Top with sour or ordinary cream.
 I also add sometimes to a salad. 


No comments: